Saturday, February 20, 2021

Mind Candy - February 20

I finished Caca Dolce by Spokane author Chelsea Martin, and it was amazing. It was funny and honest and I was blown away. I was so excited by it that I asked her to be on our radio show. You can hear the interview here or anywhere you get your podcasts. 


Winter On Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom on Netflix was a hard documentary to watch, with all the blood and violence. I kept wondering how in the heck these documentarians got the footage without getting injured or killed. It's an amazing piece of reportage. And it made me wonder: is this in our future. God, I hope not.

We just finished the four-part HBO documentary The Lady and the Dale. Most multi-part doc series feel at least an episode too long, but not this one. What a fascinating story. To summarize it would give away too much. Just watch it.

Don't click this link to the illusion of the year unless you have some time to kill and are willing to have your mind blown.

I accidentally combined raw and hardboiled eggs in a carton, and wasn't sure how to tell the difference. This short video showed me how. 

Divided We Stand by Mark W. Moffett: This article's title is misleading. It theorizes patriots  and nationalists are different, but that both are necessary to the health and protection of a nation. It's a short article that I'll remember for a long time.

No comments: