1. Rachel Getting Married: OK, OK, I'll see this movie...gosh...
2. Wall-E: yawn...
3. Happy-Go-Lucky: a happy movie from Mike Leigh...who knew?
4. Cadillac Records: starring the always good Jeffrey Wright as the bluesman Muddy Waters.
5. The Class: a film about a French high school, filmed in a realistic style. It did very well at Cannes.
6. Kit Kittredge: An American Girl: a film based on the American Girl doll series...but Ebert liked it too. I think I'll pass.
7. Waltz With Bashir: an animated film (for adults) about Israel's war in Lebanon.
8. Shotgun Stories: a small independent film that seems to split viewers--the detractors say it is sssslllllooooowwww.
9. Doubt: previews look a little overwrought, but reviews have been good.
10. Trouble the Water: a doc about Hurricane Katrina
See a slideshow of these movies here.