Monday, October 06, 2008

Book Club

The inaugural meeting of the Woodard book club will be held some time in November. The idea is to have it be a monthly couples thing, though if you want to come alone that would be fine too.

If you are interested in the book club, just send me an email. The date will be set here in the next week or two, and we'll let you know by email what day will work best.

If you want to come, you should start reading, and you can order the book here.



If you're like me, you don't want to know anything before you start reading, but if you are NOT like me, you can go to Wikipedia for a detailed discussion of the novel.

Trivia:
Time Magazine chose "Revolutionary Road" as one of the 100 best novels in English since 1923 (why that date, I don't know).
Kurt Vonnegut said, "It's 'The Great Gatsby' of my time... one of the best books by a member of my generation."

No comments: