Sunday, August 10, 2008

Satire

Though I'll often forget about McSweeney's website for months at a time, when I finally do click there, I end up laughing myself into a hernia. This morning, while reading a book called "Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog," I came across a reference to McSweeney's, so, having lost most of my attention span, I turned on my computer and began surfing and found this great satire from McSweeney's, poking fun at a movie's hamfisted script.

CONVERSATIONS I'VE HAD DURING A NORMAL DAY IN LOS ANGELES, MODIFIED TO INCLUDE THE SHOCKING DEPICTION OF RACISM FOUND IN PAUL HAGGIS'S 2005 FILM CRASH.

FRIEND: How was work?
ME: Not bad. The usual stuff. Yourself?
FRIEND: I sure hate those Mexicans.


Find two more conversations, and other funny material (including a parody of Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style" called "The Elements of Spam,") here.

No comments: