Saturday, June 09, 2007

Movie questionnaire

For Rob: (I added two questions at the end)

1.Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.

This is Spinal Tap
Citizen Kane
High Noon

2. Name a movie that you have seen multiple times in the theater.

Karyn: Dumb and Dumber--three times, once with Rob
Eric: Weirdly enough, I never have

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Matt Damon
Kate Winslet

4. Name an actor that would make you less inclined to see a movie.

The list is long:
Tom Cruise
Adam Sandler
Brad Pitt
Robin Williams
Keanu Reeves
Cameron Diaz
Winona Ryder
et al

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Raising Arizona

6. Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs.

Grease

7. Name a movie that you recommend everyone to see.

It's a Wonderful Life

8. Name a movie that you own.

Scott's Knots (a how-to DVD)

9. Name a movie that you have been meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to it.

I've never seen an entire Fellini movie

10. Ever walked out of a movie?

Once: My Own Private Idaho

11. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Tears of Laughter:
The Aristocrats

Tears of Sadness:
Brokeback Mountain

12. What was the last movie you saw in the movie theater?

300

13. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Star Wars

14. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Monster
Titanic

15. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Far and Away. I usually hate movies like that.

16. What's the scariest movie you have seen?

Jesus Camp

17. What's the funniest movie you've seen?

Real Life/Lost in America (both directed by Albert Brooks--counts as one)

18. What movie did you love the first time you saw it, but hated the next time?

Going Berserk

19. What movie is a guilty, guilty pleasure?

Karyn: Dirty Dancing
Eric: Spy Kids

6 comments:

The McGuffin said...

Even after all these years you still manage to shock me…

2. Karyn, sshhhh…we were never to talk about that fateful night again, at least not in mixed company. Eric, you really have never seen a movie in theater more than once. The hell you say.

4. See “Babel”…that might change your mind about Mr. Pitt. And I mean might.

9. Surprised you have never seen “La Dolce Vita.” “LDV” could also be used to answer number 15.

11. No surprises there…I could see those two coming a mile away.

16. I absolutely and without reservation refuse to see “Jesus Camp.” Never, ever, never. I find that sort of doc nothing more than exploitive and manipulative propaganda. But I find it funny as hell that you put it under the category of “scariest movie.”

18. “Jerry McGuire.” On first viewing I liked it. Years go by and I saw it again last year and made the horrifying realization that 99% of that movie is worse than any Mexican soap opera could ever hope to be. WAY to much melodrama…especially with the performance Cuba Gooding Jr. gives. Almost as bad as his performance in “Outbreak.”

19. “Friday the 13th: Part Five” just for the hilariously bad acting and dialogue. To this day, the only movie I can think of that has the word “dog dick” in the script.

Anonymous said...

Nobody puts Baby in a corner :)

Unknown said...

Matt Damon? I think you meant Matt Dillon.

Eric said...

Actually, I think Matt Damon is great.

Unknown said...

Sorry. Didn't mean to sound like an asshat. I was just kidding around. I actually agree with you here. I was just kinda suprised that you named him under that catagory. Caught me a bit off-guard. Of all the movies that you've seen and your extensive insight into film and acting, Matt Damon was one of those "really?" moments for me. That's all.

Eric said...

As Whitman said, "I contain multitudes."

I think that meant he was constipated.