Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April Fool's Day

300 is a really, really stupid movie. Unbelievably stupid. Brain damagingly stupid. So stupid that, as I was driving home after watching it, I was laughing so hard I almost crashed my car. Infuriatingly, hilariously stupid. Yet it is very popular [see the Mencken quote at the top of this blog].

What makes its popularity even more intriguing is how so many people are reading deep symbolism into a film that is basically a loosely combined series of increasingly ridiculous fight scenes.

Thus, in honor of April Fool's Day, I bring you the most foolish thing I have read in a long, long time.

Behold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the movies with the Girls last week to see the last mimzy and was very disappointed. Not for the movie itself but rather the picture and sound. Just the whole experience was worse than I remember(haven't been to a movie in two years) Prices are out of control too. With prices of hd tvs and surrond sound sets getting cheaper, I question the current theater business model.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I can just see you filling out your insurance claim and stating...in writing..."I had just witnessed the movie '300' and suffering an amazing laughing attack from how absurd this movie was...that's when I lost control of the vehicle and slammed into a vacant commercial structure. Yep, that's how it went down."

-Rob

Eric said...

I do too, especially when you factor in the price of food.

Anonymous said...

The terrible top five this past weekend:

1. "Blades of Glory"-$33 million
2. "Meet the Robinsons"-$25.056 million
3. "300"-$11.155 million
4. "TMNT"-$9.160 million
5. "Wild Hogs"-$8.8389 million

Blades of Glory grossed 33 million dollars this weekend?...COME ON!

-Rob