Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Giving a pessimist a reason for hope

In response to some comments on the Bible business posting, I want to clarify. I am not anti-Christian. I just think many people who profess Christianity do not live it, though I am sure that is true of all religions.

The WWJD movement, I believe, could have been a step in the right direction. It was about much more than bracelets and commercialization. WWJD is a positive, fruitful, constructive way of living that Christians and non-Christians alike would benefit from practicing. A bumper sticker pointed out how far many supposed Christians are from this ideal when it posed the question, "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" It's a shocking question, but it should be a bracing one, asking people to question if they are really living their faith. If more people lived their faith and emulated Jesus, this world might be a better place.

This is a start.

No comments: