Thursday, October 27, 2005

Conspiracy theory

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but I actually believe that this one is right on.

Republicans see something else behind the scenes [of the TV show "Commander in Chief"]: a favorable, well-timed, Hollywood liberal treatment of a woman in charge of the free world.

"It is interesting that just as the beginnings of the primary are starting and Hillary (Clinton) is emerging as the front-runner in the Democrat Party, the entertainment industry is in full gear promoting the program," said Madeline Collier, vice chairman of the Harris County Republican Party.

Now, I am not saying that the liberal run media created this show to pave the way for Hillary. However, it seems the Geena Davis character is a thinly-veiled stand-in for Hillary.

Read the article here.

1 comment:

Jake Dunkin said...

I disagree. I have a bit of a different view on this...

It's a sacrifice show. It's supposed to bomb. Think about it, the right-wing gets behind this and pull all the right strings to get this on the air. I wouldn't be suprised to learn that they have their own writers working on the scripts. Now follow me on this.
1. They write the main character "Hillary-like"...
2. the show airs...
3. it's terrible (it is)...
4. the critics hate it (they do)...
5. the media pan it...
6. the right-wing call it a democratic plot to get Hillary into the Whitehouse.
7. and so on and so on.
Now, this may sound a bit nuts, but I really believe that it's plausible. WMDs? Ties to Al Qaeda? "You're doing a great job, Brownie" ??????