Thursday, August 25, 2005

Visual cognition test

Here's the task: You'll watch a video. Three people with white shirts and three people with black shirts will all be passing basketballs. You want to focus on the people with the *white shirts* and keep count of the number of passes between people with only white shirts (not black). It is actually much more difficult than you might suppose. Once you've done the experiment, post an answer. One guess per person. Please do not look at the comment section until you have completed the test.

Once you understand the task, click here for the video.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I counted 14. Perhaps I need spacial ed as well?

Anonymous said...

Oops. The spacial ed was the previous blog. Mercy me. TGIF.

Anonymous said...

15

Anonymous said...

13...

What do I win?...

Eric said...

The answer to the visual cognition test is 15. However, I would like to know how many of you noticed the gorilla. I would be willing to bet that you tuned it out, because you were telling yourself to ignore the black shirts. Watch it again, and BE AMAZED!

Anonymous said...

I did notice the gorilla. I think that it was clever putting it in there. It distracted me for half a second, which was enough apparently.